A super EASY crepe recipe that is cooked in the oven—no need to flip them! You can create large crepes for cakes, lasagna, cannelloni and more!
We all love crêpes, but cooking them one by one in a pan can be inefficient depending on what we need those crêpes for. Plus, sometimes rectangular or square-edge crêpes are preferable to the round crêpes traditionally prepared in a pan. This is especially true if you want to make to stack crepes lasagna-style, use them to make a cake or to cover a Beef Wellington (as we do in our recipe!).
Watch the Video Recipe!
Watch us prepare this large crêpe recipe in the oven in this video for Beef Wellington. Turn on the subtitles to watch it in English. Jump to 2:43 in the video to just see us make the crepes!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
More video recipes? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (it’s FREE) and click the bell to get notifications when we release a new video recipe!
Easy Crêpe Recipe in the Oven: Tips
Pre Heat the Oven with the Baking Tray Inside
Pre-heat the oven with the baking tray inside so that the tray is already hot when you pour on the crêpe batter. Buon appetito!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no extra cost to you, PIATTO may earn a small commission if you click the links and make a qualifying purchase.
Easy Crêpe Recipe for Big Crêpes Cooked in the Oven— for Lasagna, Cakes and More!
- 1 baking tray
- 1 mixing bowl
Crêpes —for two rectangular in size— 40cm x 30cm (16″ x 12″)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk preferably, whole milk
- ½ tbsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp fine granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
Make the Crêpe
- To make the crêpe batter, beat together the eggs.2 whole eggs
- In another large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, salt and sugar.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ tbsp fine salt, 2 tbsp fine granulated sugar
- Add the milk to the flour a little at a time, mixing the batter to a smooth paste each time you add more milk.1 ¼ cup milk
- When all of the milk is added, whisk in the beaten eggs and the melted butter.2 tbsp butter
- Pass the crêpe batter through a sieve (strainer) to remove any clumps that remain in the batter.
- To bake the crêpes: Place a large (buttered) rectangular baking tray (with sides) in a pre-heated 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the hot baking tray and add a thin layer of crêpe batter over the entire bottom of the baking tray.
- Return the baking tray to the oven and bake at the same temperature just until the sides of the crêpe begin to pull away from the tray. Remove the baking tray and carefully pull the crêpe off of the tray. Transfer it to parchment paper or a work surface to cool.Make crêpes as long as the batter remains. Freeze any extra crêpes!