You won’t miss the mayonnaise in this creamy No Mayo Tuna Salad recipe! Bright and fresh, this lemon tuna salad gets its creamy texture by simply blending half of the tuna mix salad mix (which includes artichokes) until it is smooth and creamy.
Watch the Video Recipe!
We don’t have a video recipe for tuna salad recipe yet! In the meantime, check out our recipe for Caprese Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Basil
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
More video recipes? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (it’s FREE) and click the bell to get notifications when we release a new video recipe!
No Mayo Tuna Salad Recipe: Tips
Is this a Mediterranean Diet Recipe?
It sure is! This recipe isn’t unhealthy with mayo. However, mayo does add unnecessary fat to the tuna salad which really doesn’t need it. Tuna is packed with nutrition, lemon is high in vitamin C and artichokes are a rich source of folate.
More or Less Creamy?
Blend half of the tuna salad, then mix it all together for a classic creamy American Style tuna salad. Blend more or less if you prefer a different level of creaminess—it’s up to you!
You might enjoy: Italian Tuna Mousse Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no extra cost to you, PIATTO may earn a small commission if you click the links and make a qualifying purchase.
No Mayo Tuna Salad Recipe with Lemon and Artichokes
- 1 immersion blender or blender / food processor
- 2 large canned tuna in olive oil 1 can = about 7 oz (200 g)
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 2 handfuls chives minced
- 1 can artichoke hearts no seasoning
- 1 handful thyme or tarragon
- 2 pinches fine salt to taste
- black pepper OPTIONAL, to taste
- Add the canned tuna with the olive oil from the can to a large mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork until the tuna bites are to your liking.
- Add the juice and zest from 2 small lemons.
- Add the minced chives and thyme or tarragon.
- Chop the artichoke hearts into small bite-size pieces.
- Give everything a good mix, then blend ½ of the tuna salad to a smooth mayo-like consistency—be sure to include some of that artichoke!
- Combine the blended and not blended tuna. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Buon appetito!